Axie Infinity scholarship program is an innovative way to build a more expansive, active gaming community for the NFT play-to-earn game – Axie Infinity. The scholarship came out of the concern to help aspiring players who cannot afford to purchase the team of three Axies required to start playing the game.
Presently, some Axie Infinity scholarship programs have become a community of their rights, with many scholars play axie infinity under their identity. One of the critical ways to attain that height is to create an easy application for scholars, which is why you need this article.
Of course, there are several ‘How-to’ guides on the internet, but most of them are not instructive enough to teach you which step comes before and after another. Of course, I am not saying that you can’t find the comprehensive guide on setting up your Axie Infinity scholarship program application. However, I am writing from my practical experience.
The Process Involved in Creating Axie Infinity Scholarship Program
There are two routes leading ou can take to create a scholarship program application:
- Use a form builder, then share a link to the form
- Or, create a text-based template and ask some applicants to fill in the blanks
Let us look at each of the options in more detail.
Google Form is currently the most popular platform for creating scholarship applications. You can create an application form and connect it instantly with Google Sheets for everyone to view responses in a tabular form. You can also turn on your email notifications so that you are alerted whenever new responses are submitted.
Typeform is another credible option to consider if you’re serious about the aesthetics, as there are seemingly unlimited customization options. Typeform offers more advanced question structures and a wide variety of integrations.
Without a doubt, Text-based applications are a popular solution because they can be shared on various platforms such as Discord Twitter. You can pin a Discord message to Tweet containing the application questions and instruct applicants to copy all the questions, fill in their answers, then paste the completed applications in a channel.
The benefit of a text application is that it doesn’t require special software or a website, so it is easy to create and complete. One of the downsides is that there’s no structure to each question, and you have to analyze responses manually.
If you choose that route, ensure you create separate #applications or #resumes Discord channel so that all submissions don’t flood the rest of your server.
One thing you’ll notice is that many scholars fill out one text-based application and then post it everywhere, in private messages and general chat. Even if the application template is not specific to your scholarship program, they will still send it to you. Moreover, moderators in Discord can redirect these posters to a dedicated channel.
Structure of an Application
The general structure I would recommend is:
1. Scholarship Details: an intro section and blog post that describes how the application process works, the earnings split, and the payout schedule.
2. Rules: what scholars must do (or not do) while in your program.
3. Application Questions: basic personal, social, admin questions followed by open-ended or character questions.
Outline how the whole application process works and what the scholar can expect if selected. Will they need to interview you? Is there a probationary period?
It is essential to be as plain as possible about your plans for your scholarship. If you’re looking for five scholars, great, so say. If you are taking on 50, great, say so. Many “managers” are launching fake scholarship programs as a growth hacking strategy to get more followers. That is a pathetic tactic that gets hundreds and thousands of scholars’ hopes up for no reason. Come out clear about how many scholars you are looking to take on and over what period.
Make sure you highlight what is in it for your scholars, specifically, how many SLPs will they earn? That is commonly written as an X%/Y% split, where X% goes to the scholar, and Y% goes to the manager.
Example Scholarship Details:
1. Apply to be a scholar by filling out this application.
2. If you make it to the next round, you’ll be contacted on Discord to set up a 15-min interview.
3. If you are accepted into the scholarship program, I will lend you a starter team of axies to play the Axie Infinity game. All axies remain my assets, and I may switch them out anytime. If I think I can power your team, I will talk to you to agree before making any changes.
4. The common earnings split is 60% to the scholar and 40% to the manager. The scholar’s share will be paid to your Ronin wallet every 14 days on Wednesdays.
5. While you are a ChillAxie scholar, you must follow the rules outlined below: *insert rules here*
Scholarship rules describe what is expected from scholars while part of your program and should be communicated upfront before scholars apply. Rules help protect your assets from being banned – for instance, due to an inexperienced scholar not being aware that playing on multiple users’ accounts on a single device is against the Axie Infinity terms of service.
Here are a few rules you need to know:
- Multi-account is forbidden. You can’t participate in other scholarship programs or use other Axie Infinity accounts. If you use more than one Axie user account, the axies in your scholar account will be suspended and will not be usable.
- To qualify for a scholarship program, you must follow XYZ on Twitter, sign up for discord, etc.
- The target SLPs per week or month is X.
- If you’re inactive for more than X days, your account will be suspended and given to another scholar.
- You must have a Ronin wallet before you can receive SLPs.
The scholar will fill out the meat of the application. The application questions are your best chance to learn more about them as a person and their motivations for wanting a scholarship.
Example Personal, Social, or Admin Questions
- First name
- Link to Twitter profile
- Discord tag
- City or Country
- Ethereum wallet address
- Ronin wallet address
Examples of Character Questions
- What level of experience have you gained with Axie Infinity?
- Describe your dream Axie team.
- Do you have any other gaming experience?
- What are the devices you will use to play Axie Infinity?
- Do you currently own any axies?
- Have you been once accepted into a scholarship program?
- What type of internet access would you use?
- How would you benefit from a scholarship?
- What are the rules regarding multi-accounting?
- How long do you plan to play Axie Infinity?
- How do you want to cash out your earned SLPs?
- Have you ever traded crypto assets before?
- Why should we choose you as our scholar?
- Do you agree to follow the rules of this scholarship?
That is not all you need to know about creating the Axie Infinity scholarship program. However, it is an excellent way to start. Remember, you’re dealing with people, not objects. Hence, you must make every effort to make your scholarship program impressive enough to attract scholars.